Tuesday, June 12, 2012

January 17, 2011



I am very pleased to meet you, Prema
My favorite teacher was in Portland last weekend so I took the train down from Seattle to hear her. I had exchanged emails with her in the past and heard her teachings on cd and dvd, but it was a different thing altogether in the flesh. Lively, engaging, bouyant, and wise: I'd like to be these things too.

Kids can dance, too
I was especially inspired by the way she taught the Tara Dance to the children, she was very clear and obviously had a great time with it. This is something I could do, it’s got all the things I’m passionate about: kids, Dharma, yoga, dancing, social and emotional development, Tara Dhatu. I need a dozen eight year olds right now, please.

But a problem arises...


Well, I missed my train home from Portland by about four minutes. OMG was I pissed and sad. They wouldn't let me camp out at the station, which closes overnight so I had to come up with and unplanned for wad of cash to pay for an extra night in Portland.  Since I was in town for a teaching on : "Tara, Remover of the Eight Fears," I had no business getting that upset. 


I called Joe and he helped me calm down (like he always does), so fortunately I got over it quickly and just chilled out.




Obstacle and lesson
One of the things Prema shared with us is something she learned from Dogma Kusho, who is also a teacher I love deeply and admire greatly. Damala told Prema and Prema told me/us, “The bigger the obstacle, the bigger the blessing.” 








What is the lesson?
What I’m trying to get at here is “What is the lesson?” as in, I vow to learn from this unpleasant situation, but I don’t yet know how that’s gonna look.  Its the intention that matters.


No comments:

Post a Comment